Thursday, January 10, 2013

Choucroute toddlers.



The choucroute lady setting up her stall in  the supermarket aisle. Two huge simmering pans . To her left the white goods section , childrens clothing to her right.  The air conditioning must be very effective to deal with the smell of cooked onions. Either that or a lot of romper suits smell of choucroute.

Road work signs appear outside the rickety old farmhouse gates . The signs only face one direction . Perhaps one half of the speedbump is about to be repainted ?

The excitement of life in deepest France profonde.



4 comments:

  1. With the way things have been going for me this week, I would welcome the chance to change places with you and watch the paint dry on a speed bump! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hope it's really the speed bump that will be repainted, and not some other major road works.
    Seeing your car just pulled up with the door ajar, made me smile, since that is exactly how it is with me too when I stop to take photos.
    I like the drainage setup along the ditch outside the wall...gave me an idea...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what choucroute is, but I'm guessing it's very aromatic!

    Let's hope the roadwork doesn't last a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There could be worse smells emanating from romper suits...

    ReplyDelete