Tuesday, January 15, 2013

An immutable rule of life.

The dashboard in the little Skoda lights up. First orange then red. A Coney Island of colour. Finally a sign : '' Fault ! EMC indicates ETC and ABS malfunction ! '' Acronym heaven.

Angus takes the car to the garage. Twice. The first time the diagnostic man has disappeared. '' Should have made an appointment mate " says a gentleman in overalls behind the reception desk. ' I did ' comes the reply.

The second time the lights miraculously go off as I drive into the garage forecourt. '' Doesn't seem to be any problem. Why don't you bring it in when the warning lights are on ? " says the diagnostic man who's now reappeared. On the motorway home the lights come on again.

One of lifes immutable rules. Cars repair themselves when you get to the garage and then go wrong again ten minutes after you leave. The same true of children and doctors and pets and vets.

This morning we shall go to the airport in the big 4x4. See you in a week.

9 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the Mini's predecessor, a Vauxhall Astra. At risk of turning the Rickety Old Farmhouse into something Jeremy Clarkson might enjoy, I'm pleased to report that my 2002 Mini Cooper now has over 100,000 miles on the clock, with no significant problems.
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a phenomenon that has been in existence from the beginning of time I suspect.
    Whenever I'm not feeling well, and I end up at the doctor's, miraculously ALL pain disappears by the time I'm sitting in his office.
    Same goes for my vehicle, it will exhibit some problem, and by the time I reach my mechanic's workshop, it never shows up, same as your Skoda.
    C'est la vie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get things with the car sorted out. That is beyond aggravating when it happens! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://youtu.be/9Iifiwvm8Go something to make you smile!!!!! Reminds me of Wilfie a little bit.... take care Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. godspeed. safe travels lad.
    xo
    tammy j

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun! The light will still be there when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The little brute.

    Take care. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete