Monday, December 17, 2012

A womans Christmas.


In the lobby of the supermarket a trestle table has been set out. On it a plastic bottle of supermarket brand Coke, an unopened carton of orange juice, a dozen slices of plain cake , a pile of paper napkins and a stack of plastic cups. A sign saying " Father Christmas offers you a taste . Help yourself ". There seem to be few takers.

By the frozen chicken counter another table. This one has a sign saying  ' A womans Christmas '. Underneath it the must have item of 2012 ? A glass mosaic 'Elvis' mirror.  €19.90. Only goes to show. You can find all your shopping needs in a French supermarket if you look hard enough.

11 comments:

  1. I'm not sure 'the font' will agree...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, the gift that requires little thought.

    XXXOOO Daisy, bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how many people can say they found the perfect gift by the frozen chicken counter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I don't see anything that I like on the table for A Woman's Christmas, does this mean that I'm not a woman anymore?
    Maybe that set of new knives...then I won't need the knife sharpener anymore...smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think Father Christmas would care for "his" offerings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the guitar... Trying to learn as much as I can about older dogs... (your blog was ever so helpful) - taking on a new puppy has created some tension and jealosy - trying my best. Love your writings - maybe you present us more about the canine population of Southern France.
    Very moving: http://www.upgradereality.com/a-dogs-purpose-from-a-6-year-old/ Keeps me smiling and accepting the short life span of dogs a little bit more...
    Greetings from Southern Italy Susanne, Daisy, Foxiie and Kiri (sitting on my office chair)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If that display were here, I would guess that all items would have been replaced at least thrice, OJ, Cola and Cake and had there been coffee, it would have been gone even faster.

    Jo in Minniesnowda, USA

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an interesting table spread....have a Coke for breakfast. It'll do you good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hee hee hee! Nothing says Merry Christmas like plain cake and supermarket soda!

    I'm sure those guitar mirrors are going to take France Profunde by storm! Every home will have one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wouldn't be surprised if a certain colorful character finds a way to attach a sparkling guitar shaped jewel to her turban this festive season.

    ReplyDelete